If you haven’t experienced the magic of Suwannee Hulaween for yourself, I suggest that you do whatever it takes to get there next year! I’ve now attended the festival for 2 consecutive years, and both have been amazing. There are countless music festivals, parties, and events throughout the year that you could choose to go to instead, but here are a few reasons Hulaween sets itself apart from the rest.
1. It’s a Music Festival ON Halloween
2. It’s held at Spirit of Suwannee Music Park
3. The Diverse Musical Lineup
4. The Party Throwers & The Party Goers
5. The Art and Installations Activities, and Workshops
- Not only is it a sick festival as it is, but it celebrates *HALLOWEEN* which in my opinion, is the best holiday of the year.
- Most music lovers and festival goers seem to have a strong inclination towards dressing up anyways, but at Suwannee Hulaween they get decked out!
— Suwannee Hulaween (@HulaweenFL) November 9, 2016
— Suwannee Hulaween (@HulaweenFL) November 16, 2016
— Suwannee Hulaween (@HulaweenFL) November 21, 2016
- Not only is Hulaween a celebration of my favorite holiday- but it’s also held at my favorite venue- The Spirit of Suwannee Music Park, one of the dopest locations for a festival I’ve been to not just in the southeast but anywhere.
- This place is a well oiled machine when it comes to throwing parties. They hold musical events year round from weekly concerts to festivals and everything in between.When they’re not throwing raging parties this place is a massive 800 acre campground that families and outdoor enthusiasts come from far and wide to explore, so they are well suited to cater to both campers and festival goers.
- Due to their sprawling landscape, camping space is abundant, even with the 20,000 people who attended in 2016. Because of this, you’re free to explore the campgrounds and steak out your spot anywhere you please, as long as it isn’t reserved. This makes it much easier to plan a camp with large groups who may be arriving at different times from different locations. You will not be herded into a large open field and packed in like sardines at Suwannee Hulaween!
- They have a solid infrastructure and offer various amenities that are a rarity at your typical pop up festival, such as:
- Cabin rentals
- Full RV hook-ups
- Golf Cart Rentals
- Bathrooms & Showers w/ Running Water
- Shops, General Store, & Craft Village
- Restaurants, & Music Hall
- Winding Roads and Trails- (Great for biking!)
- Permission to Have Campfires
- The fact that this place is absolutely gorgeous, with tall mossy trees, A river with multiple beaches to kick it on, a mystical looking lake, and dope art installations everywhere is just icing on the cake!
- This is the 4th year in a row that Suwannee Hulaween has been going down, and each year gets bigger and better.
- Each year these guys team up to provide an amazing magical experience for thousands of festival goers.
- The musical diversity of String Cheese Incident, combined with the wide assortment of musical acts and artists has a tendency to attract a very unique and eclectic crowd that somehow blends together to create and emanate the most positive vibes in every direction, from youngin’s to dead heads alike.
- Combine this with the fact that they are all decked out from head to toe, wearing the most festive and ornate Halloween costumes they can muster, jamming out to their favorite bands outside under the stars, and what more could you possibly ask for?
- 4 Days of Music
- 4 Stages
- Full Spectrum of Musical Genres
- Countless Artists & Dancers
- Fireworks, Rubik’s Cubes, and Everything in Between
— Suwannee Hulaween (@HulaweenFL) October 30, 2016
There were so many acts to choose from spanning over 4 days it was hard to keep up, fortunately they provided us with a useful app that enabled you to create your own customizable schedule.
- Whether day or night, Spirit Lake and Suwannee offered a plethora of entertainment and eye candy for anyone looking to kill time in the best way possible, but only if you could pull yourself away from the light show!
- Surrounding the misty, mystical lake you could find countless sculptures, installations, structures, and other various types of artwork in all stages of creation to feast your eyes on.
- There were massive hammocks to lay on, ornate swings to swing on, benches to chill on, pretty lights to look at…Whatever your heart desired!
- You could do activities such as gymnastics in the jelly dome, slack lining, take a spin on the ferris wheel, or just frolic around.
- You Could Also participate in the various activities and workshops that they offered throughout the weekend, such as: